Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Wool ornament, hand stitched (maker unknown)


Christmas. It is that time of the year again. It always surprises me how it always sneaks up on me, I wish it had been like this when I was a child and I couldn't wait any longer for Santa to leave presents under the tree.
There seems to be no respite between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Perhaps it has to do with everything surrounding me, the merchandise in the stores telling I better hurry up to buy those Christmas presents or the Christmas carols in almost every radio station. Or my overachiever neighbors whose Christmas lights on their roof tops appear long before I'm finished with Thanksgiving dinner.
It is almost here. Just a few more days for Christmas day. This year like most years, we will have a very low key celebration, with just my immediate family. We will go to church on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day open up a couple of presents, not so much things we want but things we need. I don't get sucked up in all the consumerism of the holidays. I have never seen the point of it. If you are going to give, give priceless gifts all year round. Give your family happy times, give hugs to your kids, give your family some home cooked nice meals. Every now and then surprise a friend with a gift from the heart, give your parents or siblings a call just to chat. There are so many small things one can do I could go on and on.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Make 2009 your best year ever. I would like to thank my family and friends for encouraging me to continue creating quilts and fiber art. And thanks to my valued costumers for their business, I really appreciate it and keep on quilting.
Peacefully......
Martha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Martha! Feliz Navidad and Peace in the New Year!