Sunday, May 31, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that ......

Just a few of the fiber art pieces from the TMFA exhibit:

"The girl in a Cactus Formal" by Bettie Ward

"Yarn Car" by Tim M. Klein

"Texas Drought" by Diana Ramirez

"Needles in a Haystack" by Beth Bartley

"Points to consider" by Margaret Humpries

May has been such a crazy month. Busy with quilting projects, attending school ceremonies, a couple of Fiber Art exhibits and just making sure things run smoothly at home made May go very fast.
The exhibit from the Texas Museum of Fiber Arts went really well. I had fun visiting in the Capitol with other fiber artists and friends that came by. After that event I had to continue working on a couple of commissions that were delivered yesterday.

After another busy week, I was happy to go to a Greek Festival here in Austin at the Laguna Gloria Museum. We had some good food and the music was great, my husband sure got his work out on the dancing floor. As for me, I was just happy to be sitting down and watching people dance. I'm not much of a dancer.
I took a couple of pics of a group of Greek Dancers that came from Houston. I love the bright colors and detail of their dance costumes.
It was a beautiful night, my family and I had a great time.


No comments: