Saturday, September 19, 2009

Katie in Marble Falls, TX

It is always nice to get away from the daily grind. I spent the last couple of days in Marble Falls, a town just a few miles northwest of Austin. My friend Barb and I drove over there to take a workshop called Ghost Layers. The instructor was the famous and delightful Katie Pasquini Masopust. I spent 2 days learning new techniques to add to my repertoire. Katie's energetic personality made for a fun and exciting workshop, but I have to say that, by the end of the day, I was exhausted from all the "thinking" we had to do....I usually don't finish anything in class but this time I was able to focus and finish my class piece...well, almost finish...I still have to stitch it together and quilt it but I hope to get to that by the end of the week.

My class piece (unfinished 18' x 18")


Katie Pasquini's quilts



1 comment:

shellysquilts said...

Wow Martha, It looks like it was a fabulous workshop. I love your piece and I can't wait to see it finished. See you soon.