Saturday, May 1, 2010

A little bit of everything



This was a great week with many things happening. I decided to submit my portfolio to qualify for Art in Public Places here in Austin. I made the decision (the first step) and I'm submitting next week. I already received one of the 3 letters of recommendation I need and I have the JPG files ready. I just need some quiet time to write the proposal and describe my ideas on how to involve the community in this project.

Another happening was curating the exhibit for the Texas Museum of Fiber Art exhibit titled "Blending of Cultures". Curating the exhibit was a challenge for me but the venue, the Mexican American Cultural Center had an excellent installer helping us. I also got my husband involved in the hanging of the pieces. I have to say that besides being there for hours the process went very smoothly.

To end the week well we celebrated my daughter's 17Th birthday...just us and her BFF! The girls went to the Melting Pot for dinner, Steve and I we were still at the MACC, but later we all sang happy birthday and ate chocolate cake.

I almost forgot...one of my quilts was featured in the blog Quilt Inspiration. This site just like the name says is really inspirational. I always love to see what other people are doing, so after you are done reading this please go visit Marina and Daryl's blog spot.

In a couple of ours I will be getting ready for the opening of the TMFA exhibit. This year the juror is Liz Good, Senior editor of Fiber Arts Magazine. The fiber art
is very diverse at this show so I can imagine that it would be difficult to select
the winners. I already have my favorite, and no, as much as I like my piece and I believe in what I do, I found one that I think deserves first place. But you never know. Wish me luck....
I will post photos of the exhibit after the opening!

No comments: