Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mykonos













Bright and sunny Mykonos. This island in Greece is beautiful although I have to say a little to commercial and crowded for my taste. If you like shopping plenty of places in the Hora, same for restaurants. To find a place to eat we would look at the people sitting at the outside tables and if they "looked" local we would stop there. It never failed, we always got a good meal and the fact that Steve speaks Greek gave us first class service. We had wonderful meals always starting with Tsatsiki (yogurth with cucumber and dill), just baked bread, saganaki (fried cheese) and the classic greek salad of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers and onions loaded with olive oil, lemmon juice and a slab of greek feta sprinkled with oregano. I don't even know how we made it to the main dish. I usually had calamari or octopus (grilled) and Steve had to have grilled fish.


The days we were in Mykonos was very windy and the sea almost seemed angry. I'm glad we flew in from Athens because I don't think the ferry would had been to my benefit.

No comments: