Sunday, October 7, 2007

The little quilt that could.....


The Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild had their biennial quilt show this weekend in Round Rock, Texas and this was my entry.
The quilt took the Award for Machine Quilting and 2ND Place in the Small Quilts category.

The quilt was designed, pieced and heavily machine quilted by me. It is 50" by 55". This quilt is the 3rd. (and probably last) of a series called Unity in Diversity, you can view another similar quilt, bigger, hand quilted, in my website. That one was the first I made, the second one I made was sold. I used batiks and 100% black cotton. To quilt it I selected thread color to match the colors on the quilt so it gave the quilt movement. The quilting is free motion

It was a tough competition because of the quality of the quilts shown. I will post more photos later on. The quilt show was a big success, so many people working together to make it happen. Thanks to all of them.

No comments: