Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why not?

On Saturday I was busy working on a client's quilt when Mr. S called and asked me if I was busy. He knew the answer...He had gone to the boat to install a new battery and clean it up and after being finished of course he wanted to go for a ride but what fun it is to go for a boat ride by yourself on such a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I was really busy and since I'm leaving on my trip pretty soon every minute counts but this time, after I told Mr. S that I couldn't possibly go to the lake I regreted my decision and thought, what the heck, why not??? I called Ms. PT right away and asked her if she wanted to join her dad and me for a boat ride and she surprised me by saying yes immediately (you never know with teens) Perhaps the fact that going to the lake was more appealing than helping our neighbors move boxes to their new home down the street made her make a quick decision. So I wrapped everything up in my studio, grabbed my hat, sunglasses and applied sunscreen and in 15 minutes we were off the door. We made an emergency stop at the 7Eleven to buy some unhealthy but necessary snacks like frozen coke, Arizona Ice Tea, Doritos, 3 donuts, 1 Almond Joy candy bar and a bag of potato chips and Ms. PT had to buy People magazine (not everything she reads has to have substance, I told Mr. S)
Needless to say we had a wonderful afternoon, so relaxing and it helped me recharge my batteries that lately have been running kind of low. And by the way, after I came home, I worked a little more and finished the quilt. Everybody is happy









No comments: