Saturday, January 30, 2010

"The Art in Fiber" Exhibit


I have to say it, January has been a whirlwind of a month. I had a vague knowledge that this month was going to move fast, but this fast??
One of my goals or so called resolutions for 2010 is to spend more time in my studio working on my own quilts or art pieces or whatever I'm in the mood to create. Well, this month I did very well, I spent a lot of time in the studio. OF course it helped that I had a couple of deadlines. One of them was to submit pieces for the upcoming exhibit at the Copper Shade Tree Gallery. This gallery, as many of you know, is located in Round Top, TX. just a short drive from Houston, Austin, San Antonio and surrounding areas. Round Top is a very picturesque town, worth the drive there. If I had my choice I would definitely have a small summer home there, but If I can't keep up with one house, much less with 2!
Back to the deadlines...the other deadline was the submission of entries for an exhibit at Tokyo Electron, a manufacturing facility in Austin. The Austin Fiber Artists group was invited to show fiber art pieces in their lobby. I just found out last night that my two pieces, "Deconstruction" and "New Beginning" were juried in this exhibit called "Textile Twists"
I will post more details about this exhibit, the opening reception is on February,24Th., 2010.
I would love to post photos of my work but to be fair to the Copper Shade Tree Gallery and Tokyo Electron I won't be doing that until after the exhibits opening receptions.
Hope you attend both of these events in Central Texas....

No comments: