Saturday, April 10, 2010
Margarita and blog header
It is one of those things that go unnoticeable by most people but not by me. Every now and then I like to change my blog header and this morning I decided to do it. It has been very frustrating. I did exactly what I have done in the past to no avail. I checked the help center, no success. I played with all the programs I have to reduce my photo and not distort it, failure. So at this point I'm very frustrated and I'm leaving the header without a photo. Just a title. Here are one of the photos I was trying to use for a header/banner, I had turned it horizontally for the header so it would look good (personal opinion, of course)
"Margarita" 8" x 24".
Since I was able to upload the photo to this post I might as well talk about it. Maybe after all my time was not wasted.
For the background I did a weaving using strips of batiks fused to batting. The flower came from an old dress that I found at the free table at my AFA meeting. I wonder if someone would recognize it, LOL! The flower, stem and leaves were then fused and machine stitched to the woven piece. I didn't put a binding, I just folded
the edges to the back of the piece.
PS: A few days later I figured out how to make the photo fix the blog header....yay!!