Friday, May 4, 2012

Quilts of course!


Quilts, quilts and more quilts. The quilt below belongs to Maggie, a member of the Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild. I quilted this for her and I had a lot of fun doing the grid. Time consuming but worth every stitch. This quilt will be in the 2012 Austin Area Quilt Show. Once the show is over I will post a whole picture with Maggie's permission.
On a different subject, life has been kind of  hectic. The kitchen remodel took longer than we expected  Again, time consuming  but worth it. I don't mind when things take longer than expected as long as the results are great.

Have a wonderful weekend and a safe 5 de Mayo!!




                                    

2 comments:

suzanengler said...

Love the quilting design with the contrast of grid and feather!

Martha Tsihlas said...

Initially I wanted swirly things on the blue and straight on the stars but I switched by doing the opposite and the quilt came out looking incredible! It was a good call. This quilt will be showing in the upcoming Austin quilt show. I hope you come. Please let me know if you do to see you. It is in September.