Sunday, May 27, 2012

There is method in her madness

It is kind of funny that in 24 hours I heard the expression "there is method in her madness" twice while watching movies. This expression resonated with me because of the quilting I do and because of the quilts
I have been quilting. I just finished quilting 2 big studio quilts. Again, they can't be shown before the exhibit. All I can tell you is that they are wonderful and I had so much fun quilting them. I would love to post BIG pictures but I have to wait until my client gives me the green light.

The quilts I'm taking about seem to be quilted randomly but there is nothing random about it. It actually required some planning beforehand, because once those babies are mounted on the quilting machine trying to figure out where to quilt them is very difficult. It would be like riding a bicycle blindfolded. Doable but hazardous.
I believe that piecing them also required some planning even though at first glance they seem to be pieced without any rule or method.

On a different note, I'm working on 2 of my own quilts, no plans for them yet since I'm trying just
to go with the flow and not let shows deadlines pressure me. I'm hoping to be able to post photos next week.

In the meantime, have a wonderful Memorial Day!


Memorial Rotunda- Washington, DC.                Photo by Martha Tsihlas


No comments: