Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dallas Quilt Show

Last Sunday was the last day of the Dallas Quilt Show and my friend Barb invited me and 2 other friends for a quick ride to pick up her quilts. We left in the morning and came back that night. While at the show I had an opportunity to do some shopping. I was in much need of thread for quilting and I also picked up a couple of books from Dover Publications. I visited Susan Cranshaw in her booth and saw her latest design, beautiful bluebonnet flowers. I also stopped at Michelle Watts booth, I like her quilts and her own line of fabrics. She also has a line of jewelry that is beautiful, inspired by blocks designs. Michelle will be the speaker at the Chisholm Trail Quilt Guild meeting in May. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm posting some of my favorite quilts from the Dallas Show. Four people from Austin (that I know of) received awards: our own Kathy York, Barb Forrister (I don't have a photo), Bill Horn and Laurie Evans. Congrats!
And FYI, I didn't win the gorgeous Amish quilt at the Guild raffle. :(
Enjoy the Show

"Vertigo" by Kathy York, Austin, TX

"Floating Frames" by Bill Horn, Austin, TX

"The Leaf Quilt" by Laurie Evans, Austin, TX

"Bursting of Joy" by Sabina Thompson of Fort Worth, TX

Squared Illusions by Gloria Hansen From East Windsor, NJ

"Celestial Compass Rose" by Pat Connally, Midland, TX

"Reclamation Retro" by Barbara Oliver-Hartman, Flower Mound, TX

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

what an incredible show. I love that Leaf Quilt.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing!!!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Martha, thanks so much for including the artist's name and the title of the quilt! What a nice way to see a bit of the show.