Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year

I can' believe 2012 has come and gone,  such a long time without blogging, where has time gone? Have I spent too much time in FB that I have neglected my blog?, or was it unnecessary time in the studio.?

It is always difficult to start a post when I have been away for so long (and for no reason at all). I feel that today being the first day of  2013 is a good excuse for writing a post and maybe, maybe this year I will be a little more consistent about posting. This past year was an interesting year because I ended up doing things that I have never done before. I 'm not saying that the things I did were extremely exciting or risky, but nevertheless different from my usual.

In 2012, I made the decision of not entering any fiber or quilt related shows, a decision that was painful at the beginning because I do like the competitiveness of it. But saying NO to "things" felt so good.

In 2012, I stepped out of my comfort zone by speaking in public and having a trunk show at a local guild, which lead to another trunk show scheduled for Feb 2013.

In 2012, I committed to traveling to the 4th. Expo of Patchwork and Quilts in Puebla, Mexico to teach and jury an exhibit. My stress level before that trip went through the roof but I survived and ended up
having a great experience.

In 2012 I had the opportunity to visit 3 beautiful cities in Mexico unknown to me. Puebla, Queretaro and Cuernavaca. I got over my fears of travelling in Mexico and  I can't wait for my next trip.


Now back to 2013. No resolutions. I will just go with the flow and take whatever comes my way with a stride.  May you have a wonderful year and thanks to clients, friends and family for supporting my business. Life is really good!

No comments: